Nano Dermal Infusion $120
MD Pen Microneedling $229
MD Pen Microneedling Add-On $129
MD Pen Microneedling Package of 3 – $700
Microneedling Therapy also called Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), and Percutaneous Collagen Induction (PCI), is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that involves the use of a needling device, to puncture the skin, creating controlled micro injuries at a specific depth. This promotes the skins own healing mechanisms to stimulate new collagen and elastin fibers. This procedure improves skin texture, tone and pigmentation, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and scarring. Microneedling is safe on all skin colors.
Microneedling can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks until the client achieves the desired result. Most clients will begin to see results a couple weeks after the initial treatment.
Fun Fact… or Not so Fun Fact: Our body stops producing collagen in our mid to lates 20s. By the time we are 35, half the collagen levels in our skin will be lost.
Another Fun Fact: The earliest forms of microneedling started centuries ago with acupuncturists in China. The concept was to puncture the skin in attempt to deliver different types of oils and lotions to promote change in the skin.
Conditions That Can Be Treated With Microneedling Treatments:
- Mild to moderate acne scarring
- Fine lines and wrinkles (great for around the mouth and crow’s feet)
- Loose lax skin
- Skin tone and texture
- Pore size
- Superficial pigmentation
- Sun Damaged Skin
- Hyper pigmentation
- Hypo pigmentation
- Have used Accutane (Isotretinoan)within the last six months
- Have open wounds, cuts or abrasions on the are being treated
- Have had radiation treatment to the skin within the past year
- Have any kind of current skin infection or herpes simplex in the area to be treated (microneedling can trigger outbreaks)
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding (all the nutrients should go to the baby and not to repair the skin). Also numbing cream cannot be applied to a nursing mother
- Have any history of keloid scars (in the area being treated)
- Poor wound healing
- Eczema, psoriasis, active acne, rosacea, or other chronic skin conditions (in the area being treated
- Actinic (solar) keratosis
- Diabetes (delayed wound healing)
- Presence of raised moles, warts or lesions within treatment area
- Have had microneedling within the last 4 weeks
- Botox within 2 weeks or Dermal Filler injected within the last 4 weeks of the microneedling treatment (in the area that will be treated)
What to expect after microneedling:
Most clients will experience redness and mild swelling, similar to a sunburn. Some may have small pinpoint bleeding and even some bruising. The inflammatory reaction post procedure is relatively short and patient can expect redness to subside within 12-48 hours. Minor peeling and flakiness can after a few days, and it is recommended to apply good moisturizer and sunscreen. Within a week or two, skin is smoother and more radiant looking. As the body produces collagen the full effects of the procedure will be seen a few months later.
Post Microneedling Treatment Instructions
- Avoid direct sun for 3-5 days
- Sun block is mandatory, SPF 50 or higher
- Avoid Waxing/Laser treatments for 2 weeks
- Avoid facial treatments for 2 weeks
- Avoid exercise or swimming for 24 hours (you do not want to sweat)
- No exfoliating products, Vitamin C, Retin A, astringents, acids, or products containing alcohol/fragrance for 3 days
- NO Make-up for 24 hours
- Increase water intake
- Wash treated area with gentle cleanser 3 days post treatment. DO NOT use wash cloths, as they can irritate your skin
- DO NOT PICK AT SKIN!!!